When you’ve repainted a rehearsal room, you need to think about sound absorption to help tame the wild frequencies and I thought it’d be fun to have a go at making these myself. So I did what any self respecting amateur handyman does and I googled a video. I came across this one:
It’s a very nice video and shows you really quickly and easily how it all works. I did look at other videos to see what the general consensus was and this one seemed to make the most sense to me in terms of making something that would last a long time.
So I set about creating them and then hanging them in the rooms. It took very little time once you got the hang of it and there were a few wrong turns but eventually it all fell into place.
We’ve now replaced all of the sound absorption for the six rooms and chosen a different colour for each one.